Veteran Looking For A Home

Application section for potential new Sunfall guild members.
Marthin

Veteran Looking For A Home

Post#1 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:19 pm

About Me

< Name, Age, Location, RL situation>

Marthin, 23, Denmark, Working as a software / web developer. Dyslexic so I am sorry if ome of the words are wrong

- Any previous guilds? If so, your reasons for leaving them?

Shadow Step - Vanilla guild, broke up a month ago due to intern drama, been a tough breakup

- What you are looking for in a guild, and in Sunfall specifically?

I am looking for a place to call home, a place to share my adventures with - Also a guild to do M+ dungeons with, a guild who knows WHAT to interrupt WHEN to move and WHY we wipe - A mature guild

- How long have you played World of Warcraft?

- How much playtime you have (number of evenings / week will do).

Oh my.. I have been online pretty much from 2006 to 2010 then took a break till 2012 and back online from 2012 till this date

- What do you think of the Sunfall Charter?

Struggling with reading and typing i have read and understand parts of it (long texts jumps for me but chat messages are OK) - From what I've read Sunfall is everything I seek, sharing is caring, we are all individuals who deserve a good time in WoW

- Is there any Sunfall member that will sponsor your application?

I first contacted Zalanth who sent me over to Zofre, I might bribe one of them with a wrapped black rose :-)

About your toon

- Name and class of your toon? Please link to armoury and try to log out in your main spec/gear while being considered.

So far this expansion I have Rexxpally, Rexxion, Rexio and RexxDK - They're all 320-336 at the moment, main is Rexio though

- Why did you choose this class/role?

I chose DH this expansion (right now) because I want a new playstyle I have always been druid / DK / MONK (tank mostly at start of an expansion and ends up as DPS once i get my gear) I find DH very fun and I enjoy jumping around like a flea

- Please explain briefly your gemming/enchanting choices.

Icyveins

- What are your next gear upgrades?

Pretty much everything, early expansion

- How do you keep up to date on your class and talent builds? Please give examples of any sources of information you use.

I spent hours watching youtube videos, comparing, testing, asking, doing simulations, reading on elitist websites and the common noxxic / icyveins

- How much raiding experience do you have? What kind of content have you raided before?

I have raided since Lich King, completed all the contentet since then, I find raids very simple, moving out of stuff, interrupting, focusing.

- Which mods do you use for raiding?

All the typical ones, DBM, cooldown timers and trackers, addons that scream at me when I stand in bad stuff

About you as a potential guild member

- A fellow raid member is continually making mistakes on a difficult encounter, contributing to many wipes all night long. He/she did this last week also. How would you expect raidlead to deal with this issue?

I expect the raidleader to make sure he/she understood the tactics properly, if he/she understands everything but still keeps taking stuff that makes the entire team wipe there's no other option but to temporarily take out the problematic member.. But everyone should get atleast a second and third chance before getting temporarily booted, we're here to have fun! No matter how competitive we are. I enjoy M+ content very very much, I expect people to move out, interrupt and focus targets. I take my time to explain every encounter, every mob pack if needed, also to avoid anyone making the team wipe :-)

- Someone in guild chat/raid chat has written something that offends you, what do you do?

If it's personal I tell the person to stop and have a little respect. If it's something I don't agree with like a political view I simply ignore if it I don't want to participate in a healthy discussion :-) Nothing worth getting mad about.

- A fellow guildy is in guild chat trying to get a group for an instance/quest and your class/role is needed but no-one else is available. You are very tired, and are trying to relax but they are now whispering you, asking you to come and help even though you don't really want to. How do you deal with this?

I am the social type, almost all my gametime is spent helping others - I remember the STOCKADE times, my god I spent months boosting other people in stockades free of charge ofcourse.. But if I am reeally tired as this topic says and i really dont want to for some reason, I simply tell the person that Im sorry but don't have head to help right now, then offer my help next time im on if still needed

- Anything we missed and you very much would like us to know?

I'm competitive when it comes to M+ dungeons, my humor is dark as void.

Zofre

Re: Veteran Looking For A Home

Post#2 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:49 am

Hi Martin., thanks for the application.

The officers will discuss it and we will get back to you in 1 or 2 days.

g3

Post#3 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:49 am

Supplementary Question: If you are in a random PUG and the loot you wanted drops from the first boss. Do you a) leave the PUG or b) see the run through to the end?

Good luck with the app!
THE 3RD BEST TANK IN THE GUILD AND THAT'S A FACT.

JOIN THE SUNFALL AFFILIATED DSAS STEAM GROUP AND GAME WITH TRIED AND TESTED. ALL SUNFALLERS INVITED http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DerekSmalls/

I live for f&cking smilies :D :) :( :o 8O :? 8) :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :| :arrow: :idea: :?: :!: :wink: :wink: :roll: :mrgreen: =P~ :^o [-X [-o<

Marthin

Post#4 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:28 pm

g3 wrote:Supplementary Question: If you are in a random PUG and the loot you wanted drops from the first boss. Do you a) leave the PUG or b) see the run through to the end?

Good luck with the app!

Never have I ever left a dungeon before the end

Zofre

Post#5 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:18 pm

Hey Martin.

We have descided to offer you a trial in Sunfall, ask an officer for an invite.

Return to “WoW Membership Applications”