FAQ: Recruits' Guide to Sunfall: Raiding and social members

Application section for potential new Sunfall guild members.
nerodine

FAQ: Recruits' Guide to Sunfall: Raiding and social members

Post#1 » Fri May 19, 2006 11:30 am

Sunfall Charter

The Golden Rule
To have fun. Simple ne?

The Game Isn't Everything
Keep yourself healthy and happy your personal lives and relationships. No game is worth the decay of your real world lives. However, we hope you make an effort to participate in activities and raids. Those who disappear without any explanation for many weeks may be let go. A simple notice on the boards will do in case of extended absence.

Forum Account Required
We suggest that you read this forum daily to keep up with what going on within the guild. Use the forums to suggest events and it's a great place for posting your ideas, suggestions and any problems you might need help with.

Sunfall Is Your Home
We expect everyone to have Sunfall as their main guild with their main characters. What you do on Horde side or others servers when you log off your Sunfall character is not our business.

Have Respect For Others
Your actions reflect on the entire guild. Whether you are with other guild members or not, you are expected to follow these rules. Help others in need, never to kill steal, loot-hog, or otherwise show traits those immature '1337' kids can have. That said, we do understand the difference between 'being l33t' and 'parodying l33t'. Use your head.

Be Polite
Rudeness, spamming and excessive profanity for the sake of it will not be tolerated. That being said we are a close knit group able to joke with each other without taking undue offence. We enjoy colourful and sometimes adult humor.

Need Over Greed!
When on raids, and on general adventuring, items should go to the classes and members that need it most. However, remember that most of the good instance loot is bind-on-pick up, so the mechanics limit how loot can be distributed amongst the guild. We also understand that people need to keep their own characters funded!

We like to see all our members to follow all Blizzard's policies.
Which means ensuring you're not breaking any of Blizzard's T&Cs with your actions. It's detrimental to your own experience as well as that of those around you. In particular, the buying or selling of in-game gold using real world currencies constitutes a breach of the Sunfall codex in addition to Blizzard's EULA and can result in immediate removal from the guild.

Breach of the codex will be dealt with on an individual basis as and when the need arises. This can (on occasion) result in immediate removal from the guild. All rules, except the Golden Rule, are subject to change.

Summary

- Have fun.
- Help and support your fellow guild members as you can.
- Play the hours that suit you.
- Maintain the guild's reputation at all times.

- Sunfall Officers

Sona

FAQ: Recruits' Guide to Sunfall

Post#2 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:50 am

Recruitment Guide

What is Sunfall?
Sunfall is a mature community with the single goal of enjoying World of Warcraft. This means not purely high level end-game raid events, but everything from the first quests you run when creating your new character, right through to regular 5-man events at 90. Don't forget all the good stuff inbetween either. Integrity, honesty, common sense, sense of humour, keen participation and a desire to help those around you are key aspects of what makes a Sunfaller. We look forward to bolstering our numbers with like-minded individuals who feel they can improve our tight knit community. We've taken the time to write this thread to ensure you understand who we are and what we expect from guildies.

How Do I Apply?
If you've been referred here by a Sunfall member then that's a good start. Your application should preferably be sponsored by an existing established member. This will be someone who has grouped with you, and through this, has suggested you might consider applying to the guild for membership. This is not essential however, especially if you found our advert on one of a number of websites. All applications are assessed on individual merit.

Remember that a well written, clear and detailed application is more likely to create a positive initial impression. Clarity is king.

Minimum age for applicants is 18 years.

Recruitment Questions

About you
- Who are you? How old are you? What do you work with? We want to get to know you both as a person in-game, and we want to know what kind of person YOU are.
- Any previous guilds? If so, your reasons for leaving them?
- What you are looking for in a guild, and in Sunfall specifically?
- How long have you played World of Warcraft?
- How much playtime you have (number of evenings / week will do).
- What do you think of the Sunfall Charter?
- Is there any Sunfall member that will sponsor your application?
- Recruitment at Sunfall requires an authenticator to avoid account hackings and damage to the guild and guild bank, you'll be asked to show us your Core Hound Pup as proof of this.

About your toon
- Name and class of your toon? Please link to armoury and try to log out in your main spec/gear while being considered.
- Why did you choose this class/role?
- What kind of talent build/s and glyphs do you have? Why did you choose those particular ones?
- Please explain briefly your gemming choices.
- What are your next gear upgrades?
- How do you keep up to date on your class and talent builds? Please give examples of any sources of information you use.
- How much raiding experience do you have? What kind of content have you raided before?
- Which mods do you use for raiding?

About you as a potential guild member
- A fellow raid member is continually making mistakes on a difficult encounter, contributing to many wipes all night long. He/she did this last week also. How would you expect raidlead to deal with this issue?
- Someone in guild chat/raid chat has written something that offends you, what do you do?
- A fellow guildy is in guild chat trying to get a group for an instance/quest and your class/role is needed but no-one else is available. You are very tired, and are trying to relax but they are now whispering you, asking you to come and help even though you don't really want to. How do you deal with this?

Recruitment Officer
Any queries regarding joining Sunfall should be directed in-game to Celeron (in-game or on the forums). Any other officer will be happy to help though!

Recruitment Notes
Please be aware that failing to answer the above questions isn't going to help your application. Your application will be considered for up to a week on the public forum, allowing all our existing members to post any questions or queries they have regarding your application.

If you choose to apply to several guilds at the same time it won't look good.

After this, if successful, you will be offered a (short) trial period in the guild to see if this is the right move for you and us. Guild members currently on trial will be expected to attend a number of events during their trial period, however they will not be allowed to roll by default unless all other eligible raid attendees pass on an item. There are only a limited number of trial spaces available at any one time, and if these are all taken your application may be delayed. Good luck with your application!
If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way you were told.

Sona

Post#3 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:49 am

Recruitment FAQ

The purpose of this FAQ is to ease you in gently to the moist folds of the oldest and best guild on the server, and like many things that are old we are a bit eccentric and different to what you may be used to. But don’t be afraid, we are a bunch of lovely cuddly teddy bears. Here is a guide to having an enjoyable time with us.

How do I have a successful trial?
Think of it as a job interview, you are showing the best of yourself and are expected to be enthusiastic, friendly, helpful and perform well if on a raid trial. Get involved, sign up for raids, show up on time prepared. Read the other FAQs closely, they are there for a reason, primarily they are there to help you!

How do I sign up for raids?
Raids are taken care of on the phpraid planner, the link is called "WoW raids" and appears top right on the forum. Register your toon, and sign. We strongly recommend when you sign for a raid you make a note of it somewhere so you do not forget and show up at 20.00ST ready for invites. Not showing up for raids causes huge problems for the already overworked raidleads and shows a lack of respect for everyone. There is often a thread regarding that raid on the Quest and Raid forum too, so we strongly recommend keeping a close eye on that forum as a lot happens there.

Make sure you have read up on the encounter, gear is sorted and are flasked and properly fed for your role. /join sfhealers or /join sfwarriors if healing or tanking.

Additionally, sort out your Mumble connection before the raid starts, whispering raidlead, who is already swamped with whispers and hassle to ask for passwords etc is less than ideal. All this information is in the appropriate FAQ. Enjoy!

I think there is a problem with my Mumble connection, all I can hear is a very loud Welshman taking about penis and the chef from the muppet show shouting and stopping anyone else getting a word in edge ways, what do I do?
There is nothing you can do, those are our raidleads Sienne and Zalanth. Occasionally you will also hear someone who sounds very disappointed talking in a broad Wolverhampton accent, that’s our maintank Avana yelling at us for being shit. It’s appropriate to be afraid at this point.

Why is Aspect of the Pack still up just before the pull?
Erm ...

Why is everyone talking about penis and lube?
Good question, guild chat has this too. All I can say is if this sort of thing offends you, you have probably made a terrible mistake and should consider a server transfer to escape.

I have been in guild for a couple of weeks now and it seems that you are all racist homophobes. Plus someone just accused someone else of having sexual relations with a donkey. I am a bit upset.
Genuine homophobia or racism is taken very seriously and dealt with with extreme prejudice. What you are reading is more than likely just us lot who love each other very much teasing each other. We are a very multinational/racial guild, we have even allowed a gay or two in for novelty value. However, if you are genuinely offended by something, please don’t start a fight, please whisper the person or an officer. 99 times out of a 100, there will be no malice intended. A lot of people who are vocal in guild chat have very dry, adult senses of humour.

My boyfriend just left me, my job prospects are poor and I am ugly, is there anyone I can speak to in guild, like an agony uncle, a shoulder to cry on, if you will?
Yes, Seba. Don’t be put off if he doesn’t answer, it just means he is AFK doing some research on your problem so he can give the best damn advice there ever was, don’t give in, just keep whispering him!

WoW histories and adventures forum... wtf?
All trialees are expected to post the full life story of their toon in full role playing parlance. This is what this forum is for and is taken very seriously by all the officers.

/Petite (recruitment officer)

Disclaimer The above is simply a heads up so that trialees coming across some of our weirder behaviours don't get terrified and think they are about to get cyber-bummed. This does not in any way represent the day to day activities of the guild. Nor is it, God forbid, to be used as some sort of guide to applying to the guild. Filling your app with reference after reference about how much you love/eat/wear/photograph/write poems about penis won't impress anyone.

Sona

Post#4 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:51 am

This is an example of what a successful application might look like.

You can see the applicant has read all the FAQs to submit a well written app that answers all the questions, has taken the time to spell things, capitalise the correct letters, use grammar and made it readable. Obviously the answers to the 3 questions at the end are individual, so we have removed them so as not to influence anyone who may be applying to us. We want to know what YOU think about things! :D

Good luck!

Sample Application

About Me
Hey guys. My name is xxx, I’m 19 years old, 20 in January and I am currently a part-time bar man. I live in Scotland with my girlfriend and my daughter.

- Any previous guilds? If so, your reasons for leaving them?
My last guild was [guildanme] however I left that guild do to the the guild either being none helpful or not social at all. I was also a part of the guild [guild name] back just before I gave WOW a break once my daughter was born about 2 years ago. I left this guild due to me having to give up WOW.

- What you are looking for in a guild, and in Sunfall specifically?
What I’m looking for in a guild is hopefully a fun daily social experience with other players, to help others and to raid when possible. However I don’t fully know how Sunfall as a guild works so for specific reasons I would only have to suggest that the experience gained from joining a new guild would be a great.

- How long have you played World of Warcraft?
I’ve played wow since day one however I’ve only recently got back from a 2 year gap. I left during WOTLK

- How much playtime you have (number of evenings / week will do).
I try and play every day although it is mainly evenings throughout the week.

- What do you think of the Sunfall Charter?
Charter shows great points and I agree with them all.

- Is there any Sunfall member that will sponsor your application?
I recently grouped with [sunfall member's name] who suggested I applied for your guild.

About your toon
- Name and class of your toon? Please link to armoury and try to log out in your main spec/gear while being considered.
My Character is called [OMGDroodname], Druid. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... ame/simple

- Why did you choose this class/role?
I chose this role simple because I love the game style and the Damage.

- What kind of talent build/s and glyphs do you have? Why did you choose those particular ones?
I’ve chosen my current Talent build to progess swiftly through the levelling stage until I hit level 90. My glyphs I have chosen are Glyph of Shred, Cat form and Savagery. I’ve chosen Shred so that I can sustain high damage with shred if my positioning must change throughout combat, Cat form is to ensure that if I take damage the chance of my survival is higher once healed and Savagery simply because it’s a great damage boost for the start of fights until my rotation is in place.

- Please explain briefly your gemming choices.
- What are your next gear upgrades?
I have not yet hit level 90 so I am unsure about this question.

- How do you keep up to date on your class and talent builds? Please give examples of any sources of information you use.
I keep up-to-date with Talent builds through checking the most successful players of my class and spec through the armoury and I look through FAQ on forums when changes to my class have happened or if I feel that I could improve on my play style

- How much raiding experience do you have? What kind of content have you raided before?
I have been raiding since pre-tbc frequently from BWL 40 man to 25 totc just before I began my break from wow.

- Which mods do you use for raiding?
I am not sure on what mods I should be using just yet as I’ve only been back to WOW for little over a week. However I am willing to learn swiftly and take up any advice given to me.
Although just know I am using class-timer and Badkitty to help with my timing whilst in combat.

Sona

Re: FAQ: Recruits' Guide to Sunfall

Post#5 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:58 pm

FAQ for Social Applications

Sunfall welcomes family and real-life friends of established guildies (been in guild for more than a year) as social members of the guild, as well as former members returning to the game after a break. There is plenty to do as a social member, though please remember that if you are very keen to raid, you should apply as a raiding member, but only when raiding recruitment is actually open. Raiding members will always have priority in selection for officially organised raids.

In terms of your actual application, please make as much effort as indicated in the preceding posts. While the raiding specific questions do not always apply to you as a social member, they do tell us a lot about yourself, which is the purpose of the application for a social member. We want to know who we are sharing GC and random heroics with! :D However, if you really do not feel answering the raidy questions is pertinent, feel free to skip them!

This also applies to long standing members who have been away for ages. Yes, most people know you, but lots of new people are in guild now and want to know who you are too! So don't be shy :D

Sona

Re: FAQ: Recruits' Guide to Sunfall

Post#6 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:02 pm

FAQ for Sunfallers recommending people to the guild

Simple really: Please make sure your friends and family know that by applying to us as a social member, there should be no expectation to raid. We are not saying it definitely won't happen (for instance if we are short one night, and your toon plays well and is geared etc), but while raiding recruitment is closed, this is the case. People who want to raid have to apply as a raiding member and be trialled in that way.

Many thanks for your help with this! :D

Sona

Re: FAQ: Recruits' Guide to Sunfall: Raiding and social memb

Post#7 » Fri May 27, 2011 5:57 pm

*edit* We are no longer accepting social recommendations or sponsorship from Sunfallers who have been guilded for less than a year and are not well known to everyone. Thanks for your understanding!

Return to “WoW Membership Applications”