Gaddon Prot Pally social

Application section for potential new Sunfall guild members.
Gaddon1

Gaddon Prot Pally social

Post#1 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:23 pm

About Me

< Name, Age, Location, RL situation>
Hi I'm Geoff, age 30, live Newcastle England, and work in engineering for Nissan (very exciting).

- Any previous guilds? If so, your reasons for leaving them?
I have played wow since vanilla and been off and on during all of the expansions with different characters. Currently I have no guild as I have levelled this character to 110.
During vanilla, tbc and wotlk I was in a guild called the hibernians. This was a very friendly guild and I new many players for a number of years. Since then everyone has moved on or stopped playing completely and I have not been able to find an atmosphere like that since.

- What you are looking for in a guild, and in Sunfall specifically?
I am looking for a social experience where I can meet a bunch of players who I can play the game with for the foreseeable future. I'm open to raiding and doing mythic dungeons etc but first and foremost I am looking to learn my character in a good environment.

- How long have you played World of Warcraft?
I started playing wow during the later stages of vanilla. I played religiously during TBC with a warrior and mage raiding weekly. I then raided all through WOTLK and since then have been more of a social player having played every expansion and tended to raid just doing LFR.

- How much playtime you have (number of evenings / week will do).
I work a shift pattern at work where I do 4 days at work and then have 4 days off. I would tend to be on about 4/5 days a week.

- What do you think of the Sunfall Charter?
Having read the sunwell charter the guild seems exactly what I am looking for in a guild from Warcraft. I am looking for a friendly place where I can learn and enjoy the game at my own pace and helping a group of familiar players.

- Is there any Sunfall member that will sponsor your application?
Currently I don't no anyone in sunwell but look forward to changing that.

About your toon

- Name and class of your toon? Please link to armoury and try to log out in your main spec/gear while being considered.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... eam/gaddon
My char is called Gaddon, he is a dwarf protection paladin at the minute.

- Why did you choose this class/role?
Currently I am a protection paladin but I am working to improve my healing gear aswell. I wouldn't say I have chosen protection but the main reason why I chose a paladin is so I have the choice of playing all three different roles if I want to.

- What kind of talent builds and glyphs do you have? Why did you choose those particular ones?
I have currently created my build from looking at different guides on the internet so I can best try to play effectively. I am looking forward to trying more difficult content and tweaking things where required if necessary.

- Please explain briefly your gemming/enchanting choices.
Currently I have used haste gems and enchants for the gear that requires it.

- What are your next gear upgrades?
I have nearly kitted myself out with all 910 veiled arginute pieces. After that I'm not too interested in chasing gear upgrades. I'm more interest in seeing content I have not seen yet and becoming a competent tank/healer. If loot comes my way then so be it.

- How do you keep up to date on your class and talent builds? Please give examples of any sources of information you use.
Currently I just use various online guides such as icy veins etc but would be more than willing to listen to all experienced players.

- How much raiding experience do you have? What kind of content have you raided before?
The last time I raided properly was during WOTLK where I cleared icecrown. I had raided weekly all through the burning crusade and WOTLK. Since then it has been LFR for me. I am interested in challenging myself and seeing what happens.

- Which mods do you use for raiding?
Elvui, omen, bigwigs etc.
I would be interested in learning which other mods other players use.

About you as a potential guild member

- A fellow raid member is continually making mistakes on a difficult encounter, contributing to many wipes all night long. He/she did this last week also. How would you expect raidlead to deal with this issue?
First of all its only a game. I would expect raid lead to talk to them privately or have another experience player from the same class and spec speak to them. Ask them to do some research on the boss by watching youtube videos. I would not want to see people getting frustrated in guild/raid chat. If someone is struggling practice makes perfect but they should not be ridiculed.

- Someone in guild chat/raid chat has written something that offends you, what do you do?
I'm 30 years of age and have played this game long enough to know what can happen in guild chat. Theres no point in getting into an argument with someone. If I felt so strongly about it I would either whisper them or message an officer. If it was something serious I would screenshot it and send it to an officer next opportunity.

- A fellow guildy is in guild chat trying to get a group for an instance/quest and your class/role is needed but no-one else is available. You are very tired, and are trying to relax but they are now whispering you, asking you to come and help even though you don't really want to. How do you deal with this?
This is one of the reasons why I want to sign up with the guild :D I am wanting to group up with people. If I was too tired or did not have time I would simply say. I would try to not make this a common occurrence as I am looking forward to becoming a reliable guildie.

- Anything we missed and you very much would like us to know?

Sona

Re: Gaddon Prot Pally social

Post#2 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:38 pm

Hi Geoff, very nice app, we’ll have an answer for you in a couple of days.
If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way you were told.

Sona

Post#3 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:58 pm

Hi Geoff, congratulations we have decided to offer you trial as social, please whisper an officer next time you're for an invite!

Gaddon1

Post#4 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:53 pm

Thanks very much!

I’ll whisper someone tomorrow afternoon as I will be online then! Unfortunately I’m on nightshift tonite! ☹️

Sona

Post#5 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:35 pm

No rush!

g3

Post#6 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:29 am

I remember the Hibernians
THE 3RD BEST TANK IN THE GUILD AND THAT'S A FACT.

JOIN THE SUNFALL AFFILIATED DSAS STEAM GROUP AND GAME WITH TRIED AND TESTED. ALL SUNFALLERS INVITED http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DerekSmalls/

I live for f&cking smilies :D :) :( :o 8O :? 8) :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :| :arrow: :idea: :?: :!: :wink: :wink: :roll: :mrgreen: =P~ :^o [-X [-o<

Return to “WoW Membership Applications”