Guild raider application

Application section for potential new Sunfall guild members.
Klitzy

Guild raider application

Post#1 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:33 pm

About Me

< Name, Age, Location, RL situation>
Ross Gill, 35, West Wales, College Student/Ex Army

- Any previous guilds? If so, your reasons for leaving them?
Most notably Raze, Kul'tiras as a normal raider, I was a regular tank for the normal team until some infighting brought up issues of people freeloading whilst others put significant effort into gearing up ouside of raiding. The raid leader did not like that, so I was kicked for being offensive to certain soft souls who didnt like constructive criticism.
Have had stints in THe Others and Aggroraiders also on Kul Tiras, however I wasnt as active and only raided occasionally.

- What you are looking for in a guild, and in Sunfall specifically?

IM currently looking for an active guild, one where I might fit in, not just to raid but for social as well as casual mythic dungeons and pythic plus. Why Sunfall? from talking to a few friends who are already members, this is a longstanding guild with a close netwrok of players. Something I think i can relate to.

- How long have you played World of Warcraft?

Have played since two months after release. Off and on since Wrath, as certain deployment issues stopped me playing, and ever since have attemped some or all of the raid tiers.

- How much playtime you have (number of evenings / week will do).
currently any evening, 7 evenings a week, or whatevers needed.

- What do you think of the Sunfall Charter?
Its nice to see something like that written. I agree the game isnt everything and must be played in moderation, and that you treat people as you'd hope to be treated. Very nice touch.

- Is there any Sunfall member that will sponsor your application?
Sendraks

About your toon

- Name and class of your toon? Please link to armoury and try to log out in your main spec/gear while being considered.

Klitzy - Draenai enhancement shaman lvl 110
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kul-tiras/klitzy
Jusdedame - Human Prot Paladin Lvl 110
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kul-tiras/jusdedame

- Why did you choose this class/role?
I do two things well in this game, hit things with sharp stuff and piss stuff off, so because of the playstyle and speed I choose Enhancment shaman, a nice mix of melee with the odd spell. ON the other hand, I like to piss things off and control the fights to a certain degree, so I like tanking. Ive tanked on DK, Pally, Monk and Demon hunter, and enjoy most of them. I love my Pally, as its one of my original characters alike my shaman.

- What kind of talent builds and glyphs do you have? Why did you choose those particular ones?
My shaman, if i remember correctly is set for mainly malee haste and aoe. As glyphs dont have any impact on dps, I tend to go with the most flare, I love raptors, so no wolf visuals for me haha.
My paladin is set up for aoe and self heal survivability, dont think ive bothered with many glyphs this time.

- Please explain briefly your gemming/enchanting choices.
Both characters have been geared up primarily through mythic plus, and due to the constant nature of upgrading, I never got round to applying the top enchants/gems as the item was never in slot long enough.

- What are your next gear upgrades?
Ive been offline for about 6 months, so have missed a fair amount of nighthold content. As I said, I never raided EN properly as I was only in a mythic Plus guild, Both characters are ilevel 870 ish.

- How do you keep up to date on your class and talent builds? Please give examples of any sources of information you use.

Whenever I return to game, I lookup current patch class guide, was a big fan of Elitist jerks back in the day, Noxxic and Icy Veins. A lot of my choices are based on current gearing stat weights, found from loading current gear through AskMrRobot. I also check damage meter percentages and logs when they're available.

- How much raiding experience do you have? What kind of content have you raided before?
Very little through classic and TBC, Raided Naxx, and ICC quite hardcore, cleared BWD, BoT and Firelands, before taking a break for the last raid of the tier. Didnt do any hardcore raiding through pandaria, just a little bit of MP and HoF.
During Warlords, I joined Raze just as the normal team were doing Highmaul, and helped clear that and BRF. Did very little in HFC.

- Which mods do you use for raiding?

Try to keep it simple,
Bartender for button stacking,
Skada - Damage meters,
Deadly boss bods for raiding and dungeons,
Dot Timer
GTFO
Omen Threat meter when tanking
Weak auras for proc indication.

About you as a potential guild member

- A fellow raid member is continually making mistakes on a difficult encounter, contributing to many wipes all night long. He/she did this last week also. How would you expect raidlead to deal with this issue?

Not infront of everyone, take them to one side ( private chat/channel), ask them if they're having difficulties, see if theres anything they can do or ask for help with to rectify the issue.

- Someone in guild chat/raid chat has written something that offends you, what do you do?

Seek clarification first, some things arent communicated well or clearly through chat without context. Would let it go til after the raid if it was an intentional jab. Get ma raid on and probably forgeet about the whole thing.

- A fellow guildy is in guild chat trying to get a group for an instance/quest and your class/role is needed but no-one else is available. You are very tired, and are trying to relax but they are now whispering you, asking you to come and help even though you don't really want to. How do you deal with this?

Normally as I love playing my charaters, Id offer anyways, but given the scenario, if I was tired, Id only say yes if they had a full team ready to go. otherwise id apologise and offer them a boost when im less tired.

- Anything we missed and you very much would like us to know?

There will be times where I am offline for a week or two, when I head off camping and helping with my other hobbies. I will give plenty of notice about these trips. Other than that just keen to get back into some routine of raiding.

Sendraks

Re: Guild raider application

Post#2 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:04 pm

I know Ross in RL and through our shared hobby of LARP. He's a top bloke, hard working, conscientious and good company. From the few times we've grouped in WoW it was pretty much like doing anything else with Ross, fun and productive.

I think he'd be a good addition to the guild and the raid team.
3rd best fury dps in the guild. Also only fury dps.

Likes balloons. Understands the principles of tanking.

Scarmaker

Post#3 » Thu May 11, 2017 6:58 am

Hello Ross, thanks for the application.
The officers will discuss it and get back to you in a few days.

Spiritlevel

Post#4 » Thu May 11, 2017 12:18 pm

If you're a friend if Giles's, will be a delight to see you in greenchat :)
Aegrescit Medendo

Morrana

Post#5 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:28 am

We have discussed your application and have decided to offer you a trial in Sunfall.

Whisper an officer online for an invite!

Return to “WoW Membership Applications”