Zarboc's 14 day trial Notes

This is a public discussion area for all forum users interested in WoW.
Cobraz

Zarboc's 14 day trial Notes

Post by Cobraz » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:30 pm

well here i am, newly created WoW toon called zarboc (cobraz backwards).

Reached level seven today but it was hard work, kept getting owned by various humonid things, combat wise its quite different then SWG, seem to be using some kind of brain instead of just whacking the spin for teh win button.

learned a valuble lesson, do not attack anything 2 levels up from yourself and watch out for pussycats.

After a couple of hours all seemed kinda lonely, did not know how to contact anyone from Sunfall so resorted to trying to chat with the locals, seems even a quick "hi" instanly means duel in this game.

Ran around with some polish dude for 20 mins, he kept saying go go go??? finally dawned upon me that he just wanted me to go!!!! go figure.......

Anyway..discoverd that my leather armour (looted) had decayed to 0 so went to seek a local armoursmith...er everything so bleeding expensive and with about 8 silver and a few coppers to my name decided to cut short my shopping spree, how do you get money in this game??

On a final note...just to make you laugh - fell into the vieled sea last night with know way back to land :lol: worked out i needed to find my corpse so of i went willow the wisp style, only to drop of the edge of the map with my wisp, yes you guessed it another hour before i finally gived up, wrote a ticket and logged 8O

Best moment so far - jumping out of my skin when one of them ancient protector things came through the bush - god did I hit cloak.

worst moment - other players and nobody to talk to :(

I know you all been there done that, seen that, got the prize t-shirt but there you go...... :P
RIP SWG NOV 2003 - APRIL 2006
SFR - Retired Guild Leader
GoDfather of Sunfall.

Jovan

Post by Jovan » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:38 pm

Add people to ya friends list. Check the Wow members list to see names you know. Add to ya friends list and it will tell you when they log on and off. It's not very swg for community on here. You do get it, but nowhere close to how it is in swg. Grouping with people you know and being in guild helps a lot.

Casper

Post by Casper » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:00 pm

It's true alot of us did those steps months ago so actually it's quite fun to hear them from you, and how you discover these new things.

I'm not from SWG so i have no clue about the community there nor how it works.

The way WoW works as i have found out, you build a community yourself of friends you play with, group with, quest with etc.. and those you like you would probably want to put on your friendslist.

Ofcourse nothing stops you from having all kinds of conversations in your party (/p) or just talking short range (/s) but you can always whisper someone (/w) even if he is on the other side of the world.
A guild means your means of communication improve a lot as you instantly find a large group of people to which you can talk to in the guildchat! (/g).

You see, world of warcraft depend a lot on just contacting people you know or just see at the place you need to be. That way you automatically build a network of friends you know, and know you. Since some of the quests you get are seamingly impossible to do on your own you can then call upon your friends or.. and this you may have seen already, you ask in the General chat (/1).
In this channel (/1) everyone in your region is in and thus you can simply ask in there for help, maybe someone else wants to do your quest as well or wants to help you. :)
Tyek, Kaylung, Culling, Stormbeard Saviors of Azeroth
Also: Rhiza, Mizo, Onoh, Pokon the Herald

Former Sunfall guildleader, herder of ferocious kittens.

Ziegfried

Post by Ziegfried » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:10 pm

Alternativley you can just spam the chat channels in 1337 :twisted:
---> http://krazy-kupo.deviantart.com/ <---
Master Bounty Hunter
If I played on Ebon Dream again I would have enough double xp to reach 60...oh dang logged of in the middle of nowhere

Casper

Post by Casper » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:04 pm

Those crazy ninja-duel-invites are annoying and probably always from 15 year old children 4 levels above you..

You will probably experience another sort of invite soon, which is the ninja-guild-sign-charter-invite :P Also from desperate people who can't find people for their newly invented guild "Ninja bunnies from hell".
That's most of the time the reason people who have made alts park their alts in the guild of their main character to avoid that. And ofcourse because they miss the guildchat ;)

robert
Warcraft: SFshammy, rukbat, ruckmat, lowping, wibble, wobble

Post by robert » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:44 pm

for christs sake someone invite the n00b into the guild...even it is only for 12 more days atleast he will have someone to talk to and ridicule :lol:
because you know what the holy book of healing says: Page 213, paragraph 12: He who stands in shit on the floor, is the one who has to die
There is no "overkill." There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload."
To ensure perfect aim, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target
Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.

Professionals are predictable, it's the amateurs that are dangerous.

Maverix
Warcraft: Mavi / Mav

Post by Maverix » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:02 pm

/gasp cob playing wow :twisted: guna spank your behind if your eyes wonder too far :P
The Fate of So Many In The Hands of So Few

Kaizer

Post by Kaizer » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:58 pm

Maverix wrote:/gasp cob playing wow :twisted: guna spank your behind if your eyes wonder too far :P
Dont worry, your time will come too :P Though I think it best to focus on nebi to get you playing here :D

Casper

Post by Casper » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:17 am

Any officer drag him in asap.. i'll checked once today but he wasn't there at that time :)

Kaizer

Post by Kaizer » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:19 am

Wanted to group with you today, but was at the gym when you msged me, bud.

Jovan

Post by Jovan » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:24 am

Add Jovan and Cyane to ya friends list. They be me. :P