Potions and food

This is a public discussion area for all forum users interested in WoW.
Carnatic

Potions and food

Post by Carnatic » Tue May 26, 2015 3:04 am

Hi y'all,
Been a while posting on this forum so excuse me if there will be some poor spelling and such. That is all due to nervousness.
As you might have noticed I am trying to get the understanding of the game again. Its going slowly but shakey. Right now Im at a position where I really don't know what to do beside doing dungeons and sending followers on missions. Any ideas? Well I still need a lot of dungeons since I haven't done much and gear sucks but something else of interest.
Secondly, Have capped alchemy and cooking but nothing really interesting to make. Would love great Intellect or mastery stuff also major health potions, but me no have.
Any tips of good recepies?

Thank you!

Your humble servant
I want peace on earth and an Aston Martin!

reric
Warcraft: Reric, Rerica, Cirer, Dolittle, Weeguy, Voldez , Cirera , Rereena , Rerloc ,Reri.

Re: Potions and food

Post by reric » Tue May 26, 2015 12:43 pm

Hi Carn

The food from cooking is mostly discovered from making the various recpies from the trainer the highest stat food gives a boost of 125 pretty sure these ones come from the trainer aswell. The group banquets two can be discovered or bought from the trainer but the better one comes from the garrisons level 3 Barn trapping riverbeasts.

Potions are same old same old flasks come in 2sizes bought using the research books these again cover the major stats only int, str and so on same with potions.

Hope this helps and some kind soul corrects any duff info I posted.

Morrana
Warcraft: Morrána, Shalendra, Aelfene, Alushtasa

Post by Morrana » Tue May 26, 2015 2:17 pm

The 125 food recipes come from a vendor, that is right outside your garrison if its L3, if you garrison isnt level 3 yet, you can just visit someone else's garrison to buy them.

Ynnus
Warcraft: Ynnus, Solea

Post by Ynnus » Tue May 26, 2015 2:27 pm

Hi Carn,

You should do proving grounds silver, get your ilvl up to 610 (I think) then head to heroic dungeons; get your ilvl up to 615 then head to LFR raids and get your ilvl even more up. LFRs are fast and plenty. Don't forget to follow the legendary ring quest-line.

There is not much in alchemy to make - two types of flasks, boost pots, mana pots. Health pots are made from fish by first aid this year. Foods are learned by making and +125 foods are bought recipes, as Reric said, and you probably know that if you have it maxed. Foods give you secondary stat bonus, but one other power-up you could collect are augment runes, they drop in LFR and from missions and give you +50 main stat.

In the garrison you could get the inn if you haven't, which unlocks treasure missions for gold. Followers with gold trait multiply the amount and can make a hefty gold income that way. I stopped stacking epic mounts long ago. :)

Oh you do have a salvage yard (quest line in arrakoa land) don't you? If you do then you get kinder-egg boxes from completing lvl 100 missions which are fun to open (can contain random stuff including epicses).
Ynnus - sniffing smelly rogue, master of elixirs
Solea - blue squishy facemelter, master of dissing
Pepe - makes me die less

It's all in your head.

Carnatic

Post by Carnatic » Wed May 27, 2015 1:19 am

Thanks a bunch. This is going to keep me busy for a little while. Have a feeling potions isn't what it used to huh.
And it will upgrade my gear, much needed.
I want peace on earth and an Aston Martin!

reric
Warcraft: Reric, Rerica, Cirer, Dolittle, Weeguy, Voldez , Cirera , Rereena , Rerloc ,Reri.

Post by reric » Wed May 27, 2015 6:45 am

As alchemist you can make trinkets for yourself.

You can also build a tailoring emporium in your garrison take it up to lev3 and craft your own 630 ilev gear (even without having the tailor prof)which keeps the cost down. Remember you can only equip 3 crafted dreanor epics at any one time