Latency issues

This is a public discussion area for all forum users interested in WoW.
Magnoid
Warcraft: Magnoid,Arcamoñ,Genzi,Avona,Metanioa

Latency issues

Post by Magnoid » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:57 pm

Hey guys, been having latency issues lately again.

Raiding with all this ms just aint possible for me at this stage. Hopefully it gets resolved 1day. So till further notice i think its better if i unsign till this gets resolved

Added a pathping for all the tech savvy guys out there so u can sit back and say shit.... "Glad i don't live there....." :-({|=

With my local ping going well over 400ms which should be round 20ms that gives me silly in game latency, which is well over 1.5k on bad days
Attachments
011 675 0210_ fault.jpg
011 675 0210_ fault.jpg (225.81 KiB) Viewed 1608 times
*Resto Shaman*

How to Guide..........

1. Bind all keys to chain heal
2. Bash face on keyboard
3. Top healing meters, GG

TrueBrain
Warcraft: TrueBrain, TackyBrain, TeaBrain

Re: Latency issues

Post by TrueBrain » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:26 pm

Latency is one thing, but 23% packetloss? Lolz ... and that on your connection between your router and the first (public) router of your ISP .. pfew .. glad I live in a real country :D *trolls hapilly*

More seriously, that really really sucks dude .. hope it gets fixed soon!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Macksie
Warcraft: Mackadin, Macksie, Maxxi, Machsie, Mcshaminator, Maxmius, McStabbie, Droode, Meggan

Re: Latency issues

Post by Macksie » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:41 am

Just a few quick questions - is it a DSL service? That sort of bad connection on the first hop is quite often just a poor copper connection - ensure that the filter is replaced to the router and it could just be the local cables.

Also if a DSL service if you disconnect your router for >30 minutes then the DSLAM card at the exchange end will reset the connection profile and it should hopefully re-establish the potential speeds for that circuit.

Sorry its been a while since I did anything WAN/internety as I now just concentrate on systems so I might have just sprouted a load of crap...