pc to tv help

The off-topic forum for discussions of anything not game-specific.
Tephros

pc to tv help

Post by Tephros » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:01 pm

Hey all, hoping some of u tech savvie sexy people can help?

atm i am using a samsung UE40ES6300 tv and a samsung HW-350 soundbar.

i have ps4 hdmi into soundbar, an hdmi from soundbar into tv arc and a hdmi into tv from ntl box.

now this has been all working fine since i set it up ages ago and all works fine n tv arc is fine, my problem begins when i try hooking my pc into the setup.

i have a gforce gtx 460 in the pc and it has hdmi output, so i assummed i could just plug this into the spare hdmi slot on tv and it should just go into the setup i have n be ok.

i plugged it in n set the option to clone display onto tv n thats fine it works and i can get sound through the tv but for some reason it disables the tv arc from soundbar when i plug the hdmi into tv, i looked through tv settings n been at it all day, just cant seem to get the audio to play through the arc, when i have cable from pc in, the arc stops working for the ntl n everything, i tried plugging the cable from pc straight into where ps4 plugs in n it plays through soundbar then but still the arc for normal telly gets turned of/disabled n the anytime+ seems not to work either.

am i missing something or is it just not compatible n most i can do is just have the sound from telly with it?

doesnt seem to be the cables as i tried using cables that it works with in my original setup n still does same thing, thx for any replys in advance
As I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall Fear no Evil for I am the Evil.

Huso
Warcraft: Huso, Zails, Aizelle, Guinan, Abishai, Tatooine, Cystico, Lhaviyani, Pleiades, Shifra, Nyounas
BattleTag: Huso1983#2955

Re: pc to tv help

Post by Huso » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:11 am

Have you tried, having the PC HDMI pass through the sound bar and everything else connected direct to TV to use the ARC?

I would have thought the HDMI on GFX card would only do picture as PC has seperate sound controller, but you have got sound already doing one way? (just ARC gets turned off if i read right).

Tephros

Post by Tephros » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:48 am

yea i tried plugging the pc hdmi into the soundbar in place of the ps4 hdmi and i can get picture and sound through it that way, but it still cuts of anytime+ and the tv arc for some reason i dont understand, it should be failry straight forward i woulda thought, it isnt a cable because i tried it with a cable from my original setup n its same thing wen i plug pc hdmi in anynet and arc turn of and when i unplug it it all works again lol (i was planning on having the pc hdmi plugged into telly so it was there for me to use when i needed it, but atm only way i can get it to work is by unpluggin ps4 n puttin pc connecter in wenever i want to watch stuff, its not hard but just a pain in ass unpluggin it all time lol)
As I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall Fear no Evil for I am the Evil.

Huso
Warcraft: Huso, Zails, Aizelle, Guinan, Abishai, Tatooine, Cystico, Lhaviyani, Pleiades, Shifra, Nyounas
BattleTag: Huso1983#2955

Post by Huso » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:11 pm

Not really able to plug my pc into my soundbar, so can not test or think of anything straightward that it would be, sorry.

When you have tested the pc directly into soundbar and it disables the ARC, have you still got your pc running at this point and have just switched tv input feed to say your NTL? if yes, arc might be disabled as it can tell these still live signal on the soundbars input (your PC).

celeron
Warcraft: Celeron 90 "aka The Weeping Willow" or "Kentucky Fried pew pew Laser Chicken"

Post by celeron » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:35 pm

shit me, teph has actually posted a post that I can read, and is in (a kind of) English! Shame I have no idea how to help you though, as I am computer retard....
"once upon a time I had a beautiful girl
once upon a girl I had a beautiful time"

Memphis Slim

Tephros

Post by Tephros » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:48 am

lol cel i will love you forever ya sexy beast, cant seem to get it to work going through telly, only way to get it to work properly is pluggin it in through soundbar like i do with ps4 so ordered a splitter n gonna just run the ps4/virgintv/pc through the soundbar n cut out the arc altogether