Metal One Hit Wonders!

The off-topic forum for discussions of anything not game-specific.
g3

Re: Metal One Hit Wonders!

Post by g3 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:07 am

LSMS is indeed Staley and Starr. Furthermore Cantrell dedicates a stunning version of Nutshell to their "fallen brothers".
THE 3RD BEST TANK IN THE GUILD AND THAT'S A FACT.

JOIN THE SUNFALL AFFILIATED DSAS STEAM GROUP AND GAME WITH TRIED AND TESTED. ALL SUNFALLERS INVITED http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DerekSmalls/

I live for f&cking smilies :D :) :( :o 8O :? 8) :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :| :arrow: :idea: :?: :!: :wink: :wink: :roll: :mrgreen: =P~ :^o [-X [-o<

g3

Post by g3 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:19 pm

As you know I am an enormous Anathema fan. Well they played and recorded a gig in an old Roman ampitheater in the arse end of Bulgaria last year (hence the odd looking crowd). The result is the brand new DVD "Universal" which is just slightly stunning. Some of the songs are 'give the shivers time'. It's awesome you get the full professionally filmed gig DVD and live CD all for the price of a CD. Here's the "Lightning song" which in itself has an amazing vocal. But then to see it replicated live is even more amazing. Enjoy.

JOIN THE SUNFALL AFFILIATED DSAS STEAM GROUP AND GAME WITH TRIED AND TESTED. ALL SUNFALLERS INVITED http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DerekSmalls/

I live for f&cking smilies :D :) :( :o 8O :? 8) :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :| :arrow: :idea: :?: :!: :wink: :wink: :roll: :mrgreen: =P~ :^o [-X [-o<

nerodine

Post by nerodine » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:47 pm

Top track, well picked. Feel a little sorry for the near pointless tambourine man attempting to have his teeny tiny little cymbals heard over that marvellous noise.
Nerodine

Sona
Warcraft: Sona

Post by Sona » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:58 pm

From new album 'Fortress', truly immense old school metal, insanely talented musicians with rocks greatest living vocalist. Get it! Every single track is killer.
If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way you were told.

Sona
Warcraft: Sona

Post by Sona » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:00 pm

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way you were told.

Hachiman
Warcraft: Not all casual people are bad, but all bad people like to think they are casual.

Post by Hachiman » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:00 am

g3 wrote:As you know I am a massive Mark Lanegan fan. He does a lot of collaborations. This is with Isobell Campbell a young Scottish lass who writes all the songs. If this doesn't make you all hot and sweaty with the wife then enjoy your allotment.
Ooooh, Isobell was in Belle and Sebastian (Possibly not your cup of tea but they are awesome).

Unrelated.

I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams so why you sharing all this information with me

g3

Post by g3 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:44 pm

I am also a huge fan of Dream Theater since day 1 (1988). Fantastic new prog metal CD "Dream Theater".

The Enemy Inside

Hachiman
Warcraft: Not all casual people are bad, but all bad people like to think they are casual.

Post by Hachiman » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:18 am

I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams so why you sharing all this information with me

g3

Post by g3 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:36 pm

I'm going to indulge myself here but you really really need to buy Kill Switch Engage's new "Disarm the Descent" CD. It's up there with Soilwork's masterpeice this year. Here's a great video for "In due time". Cracking song. Don't deny yourself it's a top 5 for the year.

nerodine

Post by nerodine » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:19 pm

KSE are marvellous, but I do miss Jones' vocal. He has a greater range than Leach and flexed it well. With that said, this is sounding pretty good.
Nerodine

g3

Post by g3 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:37 pm

As you know I am a huge fan of Monster Magnet. This is classic MM off the new CD 'Last Patrol". Official video. Save it for when it's dark in the room and you've had some mind altering substance (alcohol included). Ramp up to HD and full screen sit back and enjoy LOUD

Mindless Ones

g3

Post by g3 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:53 pm

So you say you are an Alice in Chains fan? Then you'll already have Jerry Cantrell's amazing "Degradation Trip" CD. If not then don't worry as you are only 11 years behind the curve. "...thinking about about my dead friends whose voices ring on". Do the math. You may notice Mr Mike Bordin and Mr Rob Trujillo played on the CD. I can't help you if that means nothing to you. Just GQ.

Psychotic Break

Anger Rising

g3

Post by g3 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:29 pm

Days of the New - or in other words some junkie kid called Travis Meeks. Turns out he was rather good. A sort of accoustic Alice in Chains/Soundgarden sound. He recorded 3 CDs Yellow, Blue and Red. These are from Red the last which incidentally has a Mr Trujillo and Mr Bordin playing drums 'n bass. Red the last came out in 2001 so you are only 12 years too late. Great late night musak...

Hachiman

Post by Hachiman » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm

nerodine

Post by nerodine » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:24 am

Excellent choice with Lamb of God. Got tickets for them in January, and they're releasing a 10th anniversary edition of As The Palaces Burn which should be marvellous.

Still struggling to love Rob Zombie's last album, it's a bit shabby.
Nerodine