Metal One Hit Wonders!

The off-topic forum for discussions of anything not game-specific.
Ynnus
Warcraft: Ynnus, Solea

Re: Metal One Hit Wonders!

Post by Ynnus » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:55 pm

Technical death metal instrumental act: Conquering Dystopia - a collaboration between your favourite guitarists Keith Merrow and Jeff Loomis.

Autarch

Tethys
Ynnus - sniffing smelly rogue, master of elixirs
Solea - blue squishy facemelter, master of dissing
Pepe - makes me die less

It's all in your head.

Ynnus

Post by Ynnus » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:22 am

Protest the Hero - Mist - I don't listen to PTH usually but this track features so much happy, catchy prog it's awesome.

Aversions Crown - Hollow Planet - This track is pretty brutal, but if you survive the first minute of punching you'll be surprised by the solid groovy deathcore it delivers.

Xerath - I Hold Dominion - Totally contrasting the previous track, Xerath features an epic, Devin-operatic track from their upcoming album III.
Pepe - makes me die less

It's all in your head.

g3

Post by g3 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:31 pm

German thrash/technical death titans

Hellhound from new CD. This is the car music at the moment

THE 3RD BEST TANK IN THE GUILD AND THAT'S A FACT.

JOIN THE SUNFALL AFFILIATED DSAS STEAM GROUP AND GAME WITH TRIED AND TESTED. ALL SUNFALLERS INVITED http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DerekSmalls/

I live for f&cking smilies :D :) :( :o 8O :? 8) :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :| :arrow: :idea: :?: :!: :wink: :wink: :roll: :mrgreen: =P~ :^o [-X [-o<

g3

Post by g3 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:15 pm

Hellyeah. I like this band. Good ol' Southern Metal. Features Vinnie Paul no less. Latest CD.

Soul Killer

Moth

JOIN THE SUNFALL AFFILIATED DSAS STEAM GROUP AND GAME WITH TRIED AND TESTED. ALL SUNFALLERS INVITED http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DerekSmalls/

I live for f&cking smilies :D :) :( :o 8O :? 8) :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :| :arrow: :idea: :?: :!: :wink: :wink: :roll: :mrgreen: =P~ :^o [-X [-o<

Ynnus

Post by Ynnus » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:30 am

The Helix Nebula - Sea Of Suns - technical metal, Animals as Leaders-esque, only warmer. Album Meridian was released yesterday and was love at first listen for me.

Exivious - Deeply Woven - jazz metal.

Exivious - Exivious - I prefer their first album, still jazz metal, but with a lot more Blotted Science riffs.

Ne Obliviscaris - Xenoflux - their new album Citadel is due in November and they haven't released any teaser songs yet! Call me excited!
Pepe - makes me die less

It's all in your head.

g3

Post by g3 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:22 pm

Rival Sons latest Great Western Valkyrie CD

Great Vox and great retro sound

Open my eyes

Play the fool

g3

Post by g3 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:10 pm

New band Kyng - California stoner metal Sabbath melodic type thing

Electic Halo

Sewn Shut

Last edited by g3 on Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ynnus

Post by Ynnus » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:55 pm

Ne Obliviscaris - Curator - from the upcoming album Citadel!
Judging by this song they will not be disappointing us (I'm looking at you The Contortionist) and I can't wait for Nov 7th. \o/

Anup Sastry - Titan
This (new) album sounds less dry (considering his "programmed" guitars), and everything comes together as one long track. But it's drums that matter. ^^

Trioscapes - Digital Dream Sequence - another new album!
Good old metal and jazz but a tad too prominent bass line on this album imho.

Wide Eyes - Preta (feat. Aaron Marshall)
These guys can cram 20+ songs on an album and none of them is alike or boring and their recent album is no different.

The Contortionist - Primordial Sound - from the upcoming album Language.
Prog metal, though they are steering away from metal, and I am not clear yet if I'm disappointed or excited.
Pepe - makes me die less

It's all in your head.

Ynnus

Post by Ynnus » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:53 am

This week has seen some more BTBAM-ish melodic prog metalcore, growls and clean vocal combos, all fresh and totally up to my taste. :9

Stargazer - Bold And Brash - the voice sounds a bit unusual at first, but it fades into normality after a few listens and you wonder what you were thinking that first listen.

Verse Vica - Ravenholm - from the upcoming debut album Endeavor.
The piece starts by hitting you into the face, it switches midway into something totally different, and ends just as true BTBAM piece would, only too short, leaving you craving for more. Very promising band and the album release is on Oct 6th, that's soon!

The Antikythera Mechanism - I, Archaea - harsher riffs put this more into technical deathcore.
Pepe - makes me die less

It's all in your head.

g3

Post by g3 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:37 pm

If you don't own Stabbing Westard's angst driven Darkest Days CD buy it now. It's one of those perfectly complete CDs. Here's the first 3 tracks... and a bonus

1.Darkest Days (how's that for an opener?)

2.Everything I touch

3. How can I hold on?

and so it goes on and on

By now you are either thinking "wow this is awesome and was made before I was born" or "how the f*ck did I miss this?"

- hold onto your hats -

Torn apart

g3

Post by g3 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:06 pm

16 Horsepower. We all like those dark nights with a drink and something more accoustic right? Here's Gothic Country legends 16 Horsepower. Knees up partner... The excellent Secret South CD

Clogger

Praying Arm Lane

g3

Post by g3 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:12 pm

Swedish legends In Flames. This band along with Soilwork, The Haunted and At The Gates created what is known as Scandinavian metal. That which all copy (particularly American bands but never bettered).

In Flames have matured like all of us over the last 20 years. Their newer releases are more refined and at times almost Radiohead like at moments nowadays. A stunning back catelog. But here's a couple of tracks fro mthe latest barnstomer. Another Swedish band with a 7ft bassist.

Rusted Nail

Through Oblivion