The Debate - NO ONE but Anebi and Mojo are to reply.

This category is for the use of any and all past and present members of UKRM, SFR, Sunfall, RRF, or any other incarnations of our guild. Basically open to anyone, but with the intention of being used by people a connection to Sunfall.
MojoRein
Warcraft: Mojó, Bargo, Barbeque, Liéra

Post by MojoRein » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:28 pm

OK clarity.

A.) To Amina: This city is SFR + Friends. The friends are welcome to have a say and if ever they become a bigger part of the city then they will have more say. Until then I say they are just that. Any seats on any council will be proportional to the residents / activity in Sunfall, I will not be pampering to the minority to the detriment of the majority.

B.) Ka''rebear: This is with the planning dept and will be processed as soon as possible.

C.) The Bald Doc: I will see things as there is the SFR HC, which is the ruling body of SFR. And if the city countil project goes ahead it will be just that, the city council. (Oh and I hear there is a current shortage of hairless statues...but I have placed them on back order.

D.) I do not have a hard or fast rule for the city council... hell until a few days ago it was not something that had been consiedered fully by me. I am a pretty flexable person, I am more interested in the right solution than any sort of scientific equation that gets things there.
1. No
2. Unsure, it would cirtainly do a lot of damage to it.
3. Happening all the time at the moment. Sunfall is not the city it was 3 months ago.
4. No, that is not to say I do not think they have not made mistakes in its running.
5. Not that I know of.
6. RRF
7. A loaded question so will not answer.

As to the equal say.. yes.... proportionally.

Jovan

Post by Jovan » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:31 pm

A quick question..

IF you decide that the town council will be equally divided, ie 33% SFR, 33% EB, 33% LRDP, how do we know that EB and LRDP (who seem fairly close atm) won''t actually be representing just one side? Which would mean SFR is 33%, the other 66%.

MojoRein

Post by MojoRein » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:33 pm

Jovan wrote:A quick question..

IF you decide that the town council will be equally divided, ie 33% SFR, 33% EB, 33% LRDP, how do we know that EB and LRDP (who seem fairly close atm) won''t actually be representing just one side? Which would mean SFR is 33%, the other 66%.
I will not be putting in this system. However if alliances of reprisentatives do from, then they will be the majority, so will win.

Rubix Cube
Warcraft: Rubix, Sanctimus

Post by Rubix Cube » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:37 pm

Thanks Mojo,
I look forward to Anebi''s views also, but as another wuestio I''d like to go back to the tax concept.

I''d say that a cap of 2000 per week tax is silly (most of us, certainly who play regularly can afford more than that) and even an increase to 3000cr per week would be enough to cover pretty much all city expanses, or at least was last time I looked into this sort of thing.

The city has always gotten by the shortfall with donations from SFR members (and I believe some other citizens may have donated extra aswell).

I know you haven''t had much time to look at this, but do you have any other idea''s for raising more Sunfall cash? There were idea''s of cashing in on the cities popularity by having city sponsored events. Things such as the slave auctions that raised cash always gave a percentage of their profits to the city, do either of you have any plans to arrange/encourage more things like these?

Also, on the matter of statues, now that my number one fan is in office, does this mean we''ll be getting a statue of the underworlds best Smuggler and all round nice guy? I''d say a Rubix statue in the Market Cube is just what the city needs!

Cylindric
Warcraft: Cylgar, Cylindric

Post by Cylindric » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:42 pm

MojoRein wrote:I have placed them on back order
Good lad, that''s enough to buy my vote... :D
Cylindric

MojoRein

Post by MojoRein » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:45 pm

Rubix Cube wrote:Thanks Mojo,

I''d say that a cap of 2000 per week tax is silly (most of us, certainly who play regularly can afford more than that) and even an increase to 3000cr per week would be enough to cover pretty much all city expanses, or at least was last time I looked into this sort of thing.

The city has always gotten by the shortfall with donations from SFR members (and I believe some other citizens may have donated extra aswell).

I know you haven''t had much time to look at this, but do you have any other idea''s for raising more Sunfall cash? There were idea''s of cashing in on the cities popularity by having city sponsored events. Things such as the slave auctions that raised cash always gave a percentage of their profits to the city, do either of you have any plans to arrange/encourage more things like these?

And some crap!
I do have an idea to help keep the cost away from its citizens.

If we whack the shuttleport costs up then that will help a lot and although we will pay as well, all these visitors we constantly have will be helping to fund the city... hey they want to use our aminities not too much to see them pay, not like anyone pays any attention to the cost of travel tickets anyway.

Though want a chance to figure out what it actually would cost / benifit to do this.
Last edited by MojoRein on Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jovan

Post by Jovan » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:46 pm

Question for Mojo regarding Rubix''s post..

The having events to make more money for the town...are you willing yourself to be sold as a slave at the auction I am redoing in order to aid Sunfall''s profits? :twisted:

MojoRein

Post by MojoRein » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:47 pm

Jovan wrote:Question for Mojo regarding Rubix''s post..

The having events to make more money for the town...are you willing yourself to be sold as a slave at the auction I am redoing in order to aid Sunfall''s profits? :twisted:
Still no. :P Would hardly do for potentual security breach

Maverix
Warcraft: Mavi / Mav

Post by Maverix » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:58 pm

ok heres one question :P

Anebi you were very against Me standing for mayor, because the leader of a guild should not of also been mayor as you put it.

So why is it ok now that you stand?
The Fate of So Many In The Hands of So Few

Maverix
Warcraft: Mavi / Mav

Post by Maverix » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:59 pm

and to mojo :

Do you see this as a long term job/ what are your intentions with WoW etc :)
The Fate of So Many In The Hands of So Few

Anebi

Post by Anebi » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:01 pm

er i am not guild leader :-D never have never will be...

Anebi / Nebi / Sun-shine / Hunnybunny

MojoRein

Post by MojoRein » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:19 pm

Maverix wrote:and to mojo :

Do you see this as a long term job/ what are your intentions with WoW etc :)
Depends on if things keep going as they are here.
If they do, then no I don''t want the job long term.
I will not spent all my time pussyfooting about.
If I can not get on and do the job then I simply won''t.
As to Wow, had a long thing about wether I would re-sub today or not. I decided I would as I need something fun, as frankly at the moment SWG is not.

So all depends, maybe long term, maybe not at all.

Anebi

Post by Anebi » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:42 pm

EchoWitch wrote:Both Mojo and Anebi...........

Can you assure us that your relationships with individual Sunfall residents, regardless of their Guild, position, your feelings towards them, etc, will not affect your decisions as Mayor. And that your desire to run as Mayor is not in anyway influenced by your personal feelings, and that you honestly have the best interests of the town at heart, and will adhere to the wishes of the populace ??

i can assure you that my relationships with members of sunfall will not get in the way of my posotion of mayor.. i would never use me been mayor against ANYONE for whatever reason.. i have and always will have the best interests of the town in my heart and will adhere the wishes of the populace.. Sunfall has always been my hone and i love it with everything

I.E. are you going to use your position to get back at people you don''t like ?? Are you going to refrain from abusing your powers against SUnfall residents and Sunfall visitors. (Pretty easy to ban someone you don''t like from Sunfall who doesn''t deserve a ban.)What steps, measures, will be instituted to ensure that you do not abuse your powers.

i would never use my position to get back at anyone.. i would never use a ban lightly.. i would never abuse my powers...

HC/City Council - As far as I was aware, the HC was a Guild thing, and not a town thing. Can someone please clarify this, as it seems a little daft to me to have a High Council governing a city. A City Council of residents sounds a lot more realistic for a town/city.

i would never even try to change the hc.. when i was on about a council i did not mean sfr hc.. :lol: i meant a council of residents discussing and putting their ideas forward.. i want to be able to get everyones ideas for the city and see what people think... me been mayor is for the residents benefit.. the residents make a city.. without them there would be no city...

Anebi, how precisely will this new HC work ?? Are the positions life positions, who decides who gets in, what are their terms of office, and what point is there to having this new HC over the existing one ?? What will they be responsible for ? Will they get a name charge as High Council as a title for a Governing body for a town/city sounds distinctly lofty and Dictatorial to me. Council alone, would be a more appropriate title. No need to add City before it, just remove the High part.

residents of sf will put members forward to be on the council.. it will be a vote and whether these people want the positions.. this council would not be over the existing one.. sfr made sunfall and what it is today.. i will never take that away.. i am sfr at heart and sfr will have priority over the city as they made it :-D

Both - Militia

Will new Militia positions be awarded ?? As from the current list it seems that a number of people.....hell, most of the people on the list........are no longer playing. Will they be removed and replaced with currently active members in the near future ? How will it be decided who will have militia ?? Mayoral decision or citizen poll ??
if residents feel more militia is needed then i''m sure people can be put forward for this.. the militia does need sorting.. like you said people on there don''t even play.. residents can put people forward or people put themself forward and as long as everyone agrees this person will do a good job then i don''t see it should be a problem.. if the do things willy nilly they will be removed.. we want the city pretty again

Anebi

Post by Anebi » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:46 pm

EchoWitch wrote:LOL trust me Mojo, you step one little pinky out of line and you''ll be getting a sharp pointy Amina shoe up your arse. :lol: :twisted:

Either.......both........

So what involvement does the HC have in the running of Sunfall at the moment, and what would it have under a non-SFR Mayor. This being the current HC, and not a replaced/new HC.

the current hc will have a huge involvement in the running of the city as they made the city.. i was there remember :P it is their city i am just doing the job of mayor for them :D
everyone will get a say but i will not do anythibng against their wishes

Im trying to understand the processes and where the HC fits in to Sunfall as a place. Also the level of decision they have over Sunfall, and its Mayor.

Anebi

Post by Anebi » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:49 pm

Jovan wrote:I''m inclined to agree that the fairest way would be to have one of each division of the town on the city council.

My question reiterates somebody elses that has not yet been answered. The city spec. Currently it is a medical city.
Mojo, will you keep it as this or do you have plans to change it or look into changing it?
Anebi, you stated you were going to look into it and consider changing this. The original voting was not fair. As far as I am aware there was two votes on this. Both times medical city came out on top. People were informed on the forum and in game. So why wasn''t it fair?
If either reply that they want to look into changing it, why? It has obviously brought so much more activity to the town. What do you feel it would achieve changing and causing so much upset again?
unless all wanted to change from med city it is something i wouldn''t think of doing.. personally i love sf as a med city.. why would we change it? its so much better