The Debate - NO ONE but Anebi and Mojo are to reply.

This category is for the use of any and all past and present members of UKRM, SFR, Sunfall, RRF, or any other incarnations of our guild. Basically open to anyone, but with the intention of being used by people a connection to Sunfall.
MojoRein
Warcraft: Mojó, Bargo, Barbeque, Liéra

Post by MojoRein » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:26 pm

Jovan wrote:I''m inclined to agree that the fairest way would be to have one of each division of the town on the city council.

My question reiterates somebody elses that has not yet been answered. The city spec. Currently it is a medical city.
Mojo, will you keep it as this or do you have plans to change it or look into changing it?
Anebi, you stated you were going to look into it and consider changing this. The original voting was not fair. As far as I am aware there was two votes on this. Both times medical city came out on top. People were informed on the forum and in game. So why wasn''t it fair?
If either reply that they want to look into changing it, why? It has obviously brought so much more activity to the town. What do you feel it would achieve changing and causing so much upset again?
Not been given a reason or request to look at chaning it.
If I do then I will look at it. Rembering I voted against the change in the first place. I feel I was wrong with hindsight.

If the topic comes up again then I will of course look at it. As it stands I won''t. I have plenty to do anyway.

Cobraz

Post by Cobraz » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:32 pm

quite right Mojo and we are looking to find out who as citizenship and who as not...can the Mayor provide a list in anyway?
RIP SWG NOV 2003 - APRIL 2006
SFR - Retired Guild Leader
GoDfather of Sunfall.

MojoRein

Post by MojoRein » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:33 pm

On my list of things to do.

Anyone can get a list form the terminal in the office in the cityhall

EchoWitch
Warcraft: Aminalia, Monakeh

Post by EchoWitch » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:42 pm

Very intresting question the HC of SFR watchs this one closley im sure, in the real world do smaller political partys have the same amount of representation as say the main governing body? for example..MR SKINHEAD from the facist group proposes a change in the imigration law, does he despite having only one backbencher have the same chance of implementing this agenda then say a group of 40 backbenchers? I think I know the answer but whats both Mayors stance on this?
The UK Government at present is in power because we the residents of the UK voted it in to place. It was not always here like the Monarchy, who have no political power.

The Government makea policy, sets taxes, and laws etc in our interest and because we voted them in.

In SF however..........
Whilst the HC controlling the SFR Guild is perfectly acceptable as a Governing process, it controlling so much of the City''s running is not. It basically places a non-elected group in charge. It would be the same as a Dictatorship taking control of South Africa during the time of Apartheid.

The ruling SFR/white power basically decides everything, whilst the LRDP&-BE-/native tribes have no control or say whatsoever in how their residence is governed or organised.

Neither of the smaller groups are thus fairly represented.

As to Mr Fascist and his proposals for immigration changes however. It would depend on what they are, and what the other political parties stand points, plus its individual members views are on the matter.

If Mr Fascist says we should shoot every immigrant on sight, he''s not liable to get his law passed.

But if he opts for a tightening of restrictions to limit the number of immigrants coming in........and the other MP''s approve, he is liable to get his law passed.

But as I noted earlier, all of the MP''s were voted in to place. Even Mr Fascist. (Slap the voters, but at least they exercised their rights as citizens of the country.)

MojoRein

Post by MojoRein » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:06 pm

What you miss Amina is that Sunfall was made by SFR (well UKRM, but they became SFR).

It was thier city built how they see hit.

They have allowed others to join them. That is how they earned thier role as its leaders, it was not taken.

Now the rule of the city should in my opinion be with the majority of its citizens. Hence elections :P

If the majority disagree... then they will not elect me.

EchoWitch

Post by EchoWitch » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:19 pm

Oh I can see that Mojo dear. :)

But the point is that Anebi is calling for a newly elected HC. Your calling for a City Council, and Sunfall is no longer 100% SFR.

It seems to make more sense to separate Guild from City.

Thus the HC concentrates on the running of the SFR Guild, and leaves the city to the elected Mayor and an elected City Council. That way representation on the running of the city is chosen by the residents as a whole rather than by a particular Guild''s majority ruling council.

It may also work to help quell the disagreements, by killing two birds with one stone. :D

MojoRein

Post by MojoRein » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:29 pm

Both of us are talking about a city council.

Anebi has no say as to how SFR runs or its countil structure.

But we are both talking about setting up a seperate city council.

I am saying it will be made of preportional reprisentation of the residents (thier guilds as most residents are guilded, others will still have say, but i can not account for those who do not wish to talk).

Bomb#20
Warcraft: Bomtwen

Post by Bomb#20 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:33 pm

Amina has a good point there :)

Why not simply make a coucil out of a limited number (2 per PA or 3?) of people from a certain clan. i.e. every clan gets to name 3 council members. Hence it would allways be a "fair" council decision, with no majorities. :)

Just an idea.
God is perfect, man is not. Man made beer and God made pot.

MojoRein

Post by MojoRein » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:01 pm

Yes Yannus,

I expect to cater to the majority, not the minority.
What way is fairer, to cater to minorities and ignore the wishesh of the majority?

If you disagree then I suggest you vote esle where as this will be my intention.

EchoWitch

Post by EchoWitch » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:23 pm

Sorry but the suggestions I made were questions to the Mayoral candidates as to how they percieve the Council, (City or HC whichever they have mentioned.)

And as has been stated Sunfall may have been setup as the home for SFR and governed and peopled by it, but times are changing. Other Guilds are coming in, independants are coming in.

So how do the Mayor''s stand on the subject of equal representation by all parties in a governing body. Which would I feel remove the concern some people have as to who is Mayor. Less pressure on the Mayoral candidates, and less chance that minority Guilds/Independants are unfairly represented and get the hump and leave. Which would result in either a loss of cohesion of the city layout, or dead buildings that can not be moved and cause obstructions.

Rubix Cube
Warcraft: Rubix, Sanctimus

Post by Rubix Cube » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:23 pm

Ok folks,
I''ve been through and cleaned this up a bit.
Please remember only to post if you have a direct question for Mojo and Anebi about the running of Sunfall or their manifesto.

Only Mojo and Anebi should answer these quetions. If you would like further clarification on an answer or have a further question stemming from a previous question please quota it.

Any further posts that do not adhere to this will be deleted. If you would like to post your own idea''s towards the city manage ment please create a new thread for it, but be aware and flames will be deleted.

Kanubis
Warcraft: Kanubis, Khaill, Khyal, Kaia, Koraban, Maian

Post by Kanubis » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:33 pm

Fine then...

I beleive there should be multiple statues in my honour built in every available space. Possibly a memorial theatre or two as well. How quickly are you willing to push this obviously long outstanding development through?

My sig is borked and I cba to fix it.

Cylindric
Warcraft: Cylgar, Cylindric

Post by Cylindric » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:44 pm

And anyone who uses the phrase "HC" can you please make sure you''re clear about wether you''re talking about The HC, as in the High Council of SFR, or the new yet-to-be-established city council.

Just butting in, in the hope of seeing some clarity.

(And a few distinguished, yet folically challenged, statues wouldn''t go amiss either)
Cylindric

EchoWitch

Post by EchoWitch » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:47 pm

Thats the clarification Im trying to get :) Well, one of those things.

Actually for an idea on layout of the city, go on to the TC5 Server, and go to Mos Kashyyyk, it has some excellent layout and could server as inspiration for SF''s central layout !!