The Debate - NO ONE but Anebi and Mojo are to reply.

This category is for the use of any and all past and present members of UKRM, SFR, Sunfall, RRF, or any other incarnations of our guild. Basically open to anyone, but with the intention of being used by people a connection to Sunfall.
MojoRein
Warcraft: Mojó, Bargo, Barbeque, Liéra

The Debate - NO ONE but Anebi and Mojo are to reply.

Post by MojoRein » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:19 pm

Right, a lot of crap and bitchiness is going on at the moment.

That has NOTHING to do with the election.

So, this thread is for Anebi and I ONLY to debate (as in actually have fun) in why we should be Mayor.

I have laid out my manifesto below.

1.) I will be activly looking to give Sunfall a face lift. All the empty tents and houses that have taken the shape out of the city need attenting to.
I will be getting a list of who owns what building and working to make sure that those who are no longer used are ticketed to have them removed.

2.) I have a good working relationship with many of the guilds of the server (both rebel and imperial) as such I will be looking to tie in closer with our neighbors and see what sorts of cross city / guild events can be organised and maybe ehlp with some cross fertalisation fo trade and the like.

3.) I am almost always about, so will be more than happy to help with the issueing of zoning rights (for those who have a gueuine desire to live in the city) banning / unbanning of those who have acted out of order to members of the city (i.e. abuse to members, killing in the cantina etc. and unbannign of those who were only banned as a tactical advantage after a battle is over)

4.) I will be polling the active citizens regularly to see what it is that they want from the city. If the city is not providing that which they wish it to then I will make sure that as many of these holes be plugged (though remember not all of you want the same things so I can not give you all your wish lists).

5.) I am easily approchable, despite the commonly suspected reality, I am actually quite approachable and am always happy to talk through any concerns you may have, be this personal issues with other members (me included), policy issues that are adversly affecting you, or even just to give ME some advice about what you think I am doing wrong.

6.) I like to have fun, that is what it is all about, I like to share that fun, so will be looking to make things as fun for all as possible.

7.) Have a total review of who holds what possitions within the city (Malitia etc) and assess if the current list is adiquet (be it too little or too much, though no changes will be made without public discussion first)

8.) I will be making this YOUR city once more. Those who wish to work for the city will be employed to carry out cirtain civic tasks, such as gardiner, cleaner, postman, local practissioner etc. Silly titles, but will at least give people the feel they are part of the city.

Some concerens that I have had raised to me are that should i not win that the opersition will remove all SFR from the city malitia. Is this your intention?

I would say that questions can be asked IN A CIVIL AND NOT CONFRONTATIONAL TONE of the citizens, but that no one buy Anebi or myself should answer.

Cobraz

Post by Cobraz » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:33 am

okay..questions for the canditates, how do you see your relationship with SFR as mayors and in particular the high council :?:

whats your aims in terms of Sunfalls development and how do you feel your role will effect any changes or proposals what may come from the HC?

In terms of gameplay..how commited are the canditates to put there position as mayor before there own gaming time.

How do you feel about the potential impact of the cantina not being administered by the HC and possabile impilcations which have been brought about by ganking imps and BH''s in town to hunt SFR jedi? would the potential mayor be in favour of placing a new cantina in SFR and getting civic structures under the control of the council and mayor?

currently the hospital is owned by a member of sinc what would the mayor be able to do to rectify this and do the potential mayors feel its important to have controlled buildings around the square?

how would you as mayor (anebi, mojo) solve the current shortfall we have in maintance to the city? would the members see regular financial records?

will you be planning on restricting milita from the hc or do you plan to place a stronger structure so as any unforseen absence from the game will not cause any problems i terms of the city?

to you intend to give milita rights out to any non-sfr residents of the city and do you intend to have able deputys administer the city under you leadership.

hmm thats it for now I think :P
RIP SWG NOV 2003 - APRIL 2006
SFR - Retired Guild Leader
GoDfather of Sunfall.

MojoRein

Post by MojoRein » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:11 am

1.) Relationship with a lot of SFR is good, With some bad. Relationship with the HC is good, however they know me well enough to know I WILL disagree with them on a lot and will not be bulldozed. If they want something I think is a mistake then they will have to work damn hard to convince me.

2.) Aims for development are:
a.) I will NOT be giving out much by way of zoning rights, I want to try to get rid of a lot of the dead houses so that we can build some structure back into the city (It needs a face lift, this can not happen without tighter controls on who builds where).
b.) I will listen to proposals from ALL quaters, be it SFR members, HC, SInc, -EB-, HG or any other residents. Just because someone suggests somethign and are very keen on it will not make it happen. Not a single radical change will happen without YOUR (that is the citizens) having the chance to vote on it first.

3.) The commitment questionis probably the most tricky, I simply can not give you a true answer til i am there and see. I think I would be (I am about sunfall as much as pretty much any player (bar that cantina whore Buffi). And I speak to many of the citizens / potentual citizens on a daily basis.

4.) The cantina is Aurra (will never be anything else)''s to do with as she sees fit. If SFR want a cantina they can control then they need to build one. I do not see a cantina or a theater as civic structures. Civic strructures should be under the control of (as in have active contact and communication with) the mayors office. I do not necesarilly think it needs to be inthe hands of SFR as long as they mayor has the contact.

5.) I do not know who owns the hospital, but if it is a player who is no longer playing then like many other buildings i willtry to get it removed. As above I do not think it needs to be held by a member of SFR, just by an active player within the city who is prepared to work with the rest of the city.**

6.) The maintence shortfall would be covered by me and trust me if there is a shortfall and it is costing me money then the residents will find out about it DAMN fast. There will be regular financial reports provided that will show what the shortfall is and my / the city council**(will come to this at the bottom)''s ideas for resolving this shortfall.

**The City Countil.
Do not know why I did not think of this one before.
If I win, then I will look to create a city council (not in any way guild related) the council will be made up of those residents who are activly commited to the good running of the city.
IF I win, then I will look to impliment this immidiatly.
This list would grow with time, but my initial thoughts are:

Each owner of one of the civic structures:
1 reprisentative of each guild that is bases in the city for each 25 active members they have.
Anyone who runs for the office of mayor and recives over 20 votes (as this pritty much rules out 1 or 2 people + alts, only want those who have the backing of a good number of real residents)

This last bit is still a very new idea and prone to changing lots.

Anebi

Post by Anebi » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:37 am

okay..questions for the canditates, how do you see your relationship with SFR as mayors and in particular the high council??

i''d like to think i can behave like a mature adult even though there has been some misunderstandings recently..

How do you feel about the potential impact of the cantina not being administered by the HC and possabile impilcations which have been brought about by ganking imps and BH''s in town to hunt SFR jedi? would the potential mayor be in favour of placing a new cantina in SFR and getting civic structures under the control of the council and mayor ?

this post i made yesterday pretty much answer the cantina issue

If you guys still want me to place the new cantina then i will... all it is to me is lots.. i know buffi was gonna place it but wouldn''t you rather carrying on using the lots for harvies and stuff kaizer i don''t mind

all of you would have admin and you can decorate it and name it if you wish as long as its not something stupid.. i would never remove anyone of your access or ban in a hissy fit... it would be a SFR run cantina just i own the deed..

can we do this maturely? it seems the best thing to do,. i have 2 cantinas going to waste, spare lots, and i have always wanted a cantina in sf.. seems logical..

all in your hands

if your gonna reply immaturely and flame me then please don''t reply..

love elle

In terms of gameplay..how commited are the canditates to put there position as mayor before there own gaming time.

i have always put others before my own gaming time anyway so would be no different.. I know the city and its citezens through and through, and i feel i can achieve mayor to the greatest of my axtent. i care very much for sunfall and sfr and i would like to show it by been mayor. Would be a great honour and i feel i can do the job to the best standards you''d expect from a mayor. i''m active and always around sunfall and if anyone needs anything i can help with i would be there..
i would always listen to what members and hc wanted done with the city and get them done for them to the best of my ability.. SFR will always have militia rights and always have first say over what happens to sunfall as they built the city.. the state of sunfall definately needs tidying.. a long time ago it was set out with streets and houses of same size together.. at the moment they are all over the place.. i will do whatever i can to get things back in some kind of order and empty tents and houses removed..

I have a great releation ship with the citizens of sunfall,And the other guilds in the chimera server,Both Imperials and Rebels,So any conflict if was to
come across whould be able to deal with it in good manner.

With the city maintance i will look at the out goings and incomming and value what is needed to be done to make sure the city strucs are blanced out
inthe books.

The hosptial i will see who owns it and there plans,Its been up a good time so if they plan on keeping it up,then thats good,if not i will be looking to replace the hospital with a active member of sunfall.

I will personally grant zoning rights for those needed and find them a sutibale place.And take away rights afterwards.So no strucs can be placed willy nilly.The City of sunfall will have a few changes,Making sure every thing is kept in good order and aim of being the best City of Chimera

I''ll do whatever i can for the good of sunfall and its citezens for i love both and will always be doing my best for the good of them

also as some of you don''t know i was already going for mayor before i left sfr or any of the misunderstandings had gone on so its not personal

Anebi / Nebi / Sun-shine / Hunnybunny

Jovan

Post by Jovan » Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:12 pm

Nice replies from both. :-)

Just one question...when does one person step down? Or will it be a continuous battle? This could result in mayor changing hands over and over. This can be very harmful to the city with the new mayor not knowing what the old mayor was in the middle of doing, etc. Once the voting has been cast does it stay that way, or will the opposition run for mayor again?

MojoRein

Post by MojoRein » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:24 pm

Now I am mayor I will be it for 1 term.

If I am ever beaten or asked to quit I will not run again, but to get xp if I am not already a master politician by then.

Anebi

Post by Anebi » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:24 pm

i think me and mojo can work together and close enough to make sure nothing gets unfinished.. :D we will both do whats best for the city as a whole.. its not a battle its polotics :D

Maverix
Warcraft: Mavi / Mav

Post by Maverix » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:57 am

yea the ssytem is stupid, the side that didnt win will just keep re electing till they do :s seems a bit unfair, how exactly does a mayor make a difference if he only gets 1 term in charge?

side note : if you can work together closely as you say then why challange him again, not even master politician yet, and thats harmfull for city :(
The Fate of So Many In The Hands of So Few

MojoRein

Post by MojoRein » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:05 am

Several posts here that are not questions.

Please can they be deleated.

I have answered, Anebi has answered. Any more questions?

The way I see it debating ect did not start until the day before I won, so hardly a campain was run yet.

If I lose this election then I will not be running again. If I win it then all and sundry are welcome to try to get my role (as is the idea of elections) but I would ask that people remember that I need votes to get to master politician, I do not get any xp foranythign but your votes. So the more votes I get the faster I can run the city fully.

Kind regards,

Anebi

Post by Anebi » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:33 am

like mojo said some of these posts aren''t questions so can they be deleted...

also like mojo said the proper debate was only started a day or so ago so it is only fair we have a proper run for mayor..

also if i had won last time would you have been against others rerunning against me or would you have accepted it?

the fact is the last one wasn''t a fair run and mojo deserves a fair run so he can say he won fairly. :D

MojoRein

Post by MojoRein » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:38 am

A Transmission from the Mayors Office.

Friends and residents of Sunfall.

First, I thank you for your support in making me the mayor of this fantastic city. Sunfall is a city with a proud tradition and serving as your mayor is a privelege and an honour. Already, changes are beginning to take place within our home and with your support we would like to see them continue.

Now, I''m not speaking to you as a representative of SFR, RRF or the Smuggler of the Year fanclub... but as a friend and fellow resident. I love this town as much as the rest of you and want nothing but the best for it.

To make sure that happens, I need your support and your input. This isn''t my city... it''s ours and always will be. Sunfall has a reputation across not just Chimaera, but across the whole game as being a welcoming place with a friendly and fun atmosphere.

I made several proposals in the run up to my election victory, which have yet to be implemented. They were thought to be fair beforehand, and I believe they are still fair. If anyone feels differently, then please contact either myself or Rourke who for the time being will be acting as my unofficial chief of staff.

* First, with the agreement of all guilds and non-guilded residents of Sunfall, I want to set in place a new City Council. The process for election of representatives has yet to be determined, but everyone will have a say through the people they nominate. This is no longer just the home of SFR, but EB and maybe others in future.

* Any changes to the city as it stands now can be proposed by anyone... just let one of the Council Members know and they will raise the issue. These changes will be discussed in a Council Meeting, so all possibilities can be discussed.

* I am aware of past communication issues that have caused friction throughout the town. For myself, I am open to contact by someone who may have a concern or suggestion, as I hope the others who are nominated to sit on the Council will be equally open.

* There won''t be a ranking system in the city... I believe this is something for individual guilds to determine and the people who are part of them. In this city, we are all equal and everyone has a right to say what they think and put forward their ideas.

* The recent problem with bounty hunters killing Jedi in the cantina and other forms of griefing will be tackled with a review of the militia. Griefers will be dealt with simply... banning.

* With the subject of taxes, everyone loves paying those... not! These will be reviewed as regularly as I''m able. The city has to be funded as you all know, but I don''t want to see anyone paying more than they should.

* Although I would like to see the planning of the city changed a little, I understand that people have placed and decorated their houses. Clearly it would be an inconvenience to expect people to move them. Once the Council has been established, we will look into how we can organise the city so it seems a little more orderly and we can make the best use of our space. This will include dealing with the issue of the multiple cantinas and any other empty or unused buildings. Also, the city speciality will be open to review for those who think Sunfall should be something other than a Medical Centre.

* There has been some discussion about the Sunfall Mall and the vendor tents. Again, this is something that should be looked into further. Although the Mall may be more convenient for some shoppers, the tents have been in town for a long time and when many people think of Sunfall, they see the tents in the square. Maybe this needs to change, maybe not. The choice is yours.

I''m not going to grovel about making Sunfall the best city on the server... We already are. With your support, I want to make OUR home and even better place to live.

Colonel Mojo Rein
Mayor of Sunfall

EchoWitch
Warcraft: Aminalia, Monakeh

Post by EchoWitch » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:33 pm

Are there any intentions from either candidate to provide more, or change, the city decorations. One of the first things that attracted me to Sunfall as a fresh green die every 5 minutes noob was the layout and decorations.

It seems that the central run from the shuttleport to the City Hall can potentially be developed further to include more, (or possible move some,) Merchant tents in to a more organised a central area, plus/or some decorations. I.E. the various gardens, braziers (I had one positioned right outside my house on Rori and it looked fantastic at night, hence the suggestion.)

MojoRein

Post by MojoRein » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:08 pm

The problems lie in that a lot of houses / tents belong to those no longer in the game.

I will be looking at getting a listing of who owns what buildings in town and who is active, on a break or quit for good. From there we will see what we can do.

Until I know what can or can not be done I can make no plans.

Anebi

Post by Anebi » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:55 pm

A Better Sunfall - Vote for Anebi Sorelle

> > > > > A Broadcast from Anebi Sorelle, co-founder of -EB-
> > > > >
> > > > > Citizens of Sunfall!
> > > > >

> > > > > The time has come for you to make a stand for yourselves and help make Sunfall a better place! If we win the election we shall bring fairness and prosperity to all who choose to dwell in this magnificent city! We need your support! Here is what we will do for the city if our campaign is a success!

We shall set up a new High Council. On it shall be members from each guild that resides in Sunfall with Militia from all parties whose job will be to keep order. The High Council shall not be restricted to members of -EB-; it will hold members from all guilds/citizens that are responsible for making Sunfall what it is.

*All parties on the HC shall be consulted for all changes which happen within the city - this means the city is run by the people who actually live in it!

*All ideas/issues presented from citizens shall be considered by this new HC and will be addressed with constant communication. We will endeavour to learn and grow from the ideas proposed to us to further improve the city.

*We shall have a City ranking system for citizens, which will recognise achievement and dedication to Sunfall, placing trust and responsibility where it is due.

*Our militia will be there to protect the citizens of our fine city. We shall enforce this by banning constant griefers/BH from using our services in order to protect our innocent people.

*We will review the current taxation for citizens. Where is your money going? Who is spending it? We will clearly state where all monies gained from taxes are being spent.

*We shall take control of and organise the Vendor tents in Sunfall. Doing our best to remove or occupy the empty tents to raise our economic influence.

*We shall have a revote on the specification of the city, letting our citizens decide which direction they want the city to go in.

*It will be up to you whether we place PvP/PvE bases within the city borders making it your choice if we actively fight in the GCW.

We shall strive to settle our differences with all civic building owners in order to provide all services at all times for our citizens. We will not let petty arguments and pride stand in the way of making sunfall great again.

My intentions are to make Sunfall the best city on Chimaera. A city where all of its citizens can feel safe and valued. A place where you can belong to and have a voice.

All it needs is for you to vote and have your say!

Help make a better Sunfall.

Love and Huggles

Anebi

Maverix
Warcraft: Mavi / Mav

Post by Maverix » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:58 pm

Hi there, as it is a debate I would like to put a few questions to anebi with regards to her statement:

*at First you mention the city will be run on a High Council, not too different from what mojo is proposing to do, effectivly the city being run on a council and not 1 man? if this is the case what do you feel you are achieving from standing for election again against mojo who intends to bring same thing if given a chance in charge, he already has leveld in polictican so can get to work sooner rather then later?

* Will you be keepin the traditions and rules that have governd the city since the times of Riggwelter? Such rules as no Non tat houses in the city? It was a few days ago I had a gentlemen named Glitz move a non tat house I happend to see he placed in the city, it was you or gryffon who granted zoning rights but failed to check what he placed. Will you be keepin old traditions like this and making sure they are enforced?

*We shall have a revote on the specification of the city, letting our citizens decide which direction they want the city to go in.
we already very recently had a gruelin vote and debate on this topic, one which had quite a few people having to reorganise to fit in with new changes. changes whos benifits we are now seeing and has received lots of positive feedback. Why do you feel we should go through that again so soon?
*It will be up to you whether we place PvP/PvE bases within the city borders making it your choice if we actively fight in the GCW.
This is already how it is done. As far as i am aware this was also voted and debated on, the people of sunfall decided with a vote.

* In your message you constantly refer to yourself as "WE". as in -EB-. so by electing you we are electing EB in charge of city not you?. how do you feel about placing in charge of the city a guild made up of people who are very much so Anti-SFR ( founders of city).

thanks.
The Fate of So Many In The Hands of So Few