sunfall history

This category is for the use of any and all past and present members of UKRM, SFR, Sunfall, RRF, or any other incarnations of our guild. Basically open to anyone, but with the intention of being used by people a connection to Sunfall.
teriena

sunfall history

Post by teriena » Wed May 30, 2007 11:11 am

Iv'e just been reading the swg history and it makes a lovely read finding out the wheres and hows a guild started. But is there any records of how sunfall in wow started? As i know were one of the oldest guilds.

Betelgeuse
Warcraft: Petite, Betelgeuse

Post by Betelgeuse » Wed May 30, 2007 11:17 am

*The* oldest now, I think as some close competitors no longer exist.

But I thinhk this is best left to Old Man Cyl, who'se memory knows no holes nor leaps.
Ooking you in the dooker since 1977.

Betelgeuse - Bestest MoP tank
Petite - Bestest loothoover of MoP

Parmenion

Post by Parmenion » Wed May 30, 2007 11:35 am

You have me and itachi to thank for this as we helped destroy ancient souls when we fell out with the GL

Kanubis
Warcraft: Kanubis, Khaill, Khyal, Kaia, Koraban, Maian

Post by Kanubis » Wed May 30, 2007 12:37 pm

As Parma says, Ancient Souls beat Sunfall to become the first guild on the server, but they disbanded a while ago.

As youøve no doubt guessed, the guild is named after the SFR player city in SWG. A band of us migrated from that game. Of the existing members, I think Marije, Piam, Cyl and Rukbat were among them. There were a few more of us, including Atlan, the original founder of SFR's previous incarnation UKRM, and Elliott, a member of SFR who was very enthusiastic about WoW and was the original guildleader.

There were instantly some issues. Elliott and Atlan has envisioned a more mature guild environment, prompting Atlan to found a seperate guild about a week later (the still running Phoenix of the Sun, which spawned more than Sunfall member.) Elliott went with him but left for Exiles soon after as he was after a strcitly hardcore experience.

I took the guild leadership for the next few months, during which time many of the Dutch members joined since they knew Mazel, Piam or Marije in real life. I don't remember the details of how many of our members joined, save that it was Stormbeard who found Ynnus and Whoosh (and Chyrano at the same time, I think) and got them to join.

Sometime in the summer, we arranged a raiding alliance with Phoenix, Order of the Tainted Rat, Divine Galdiators and Ab Aeterno. This was fairly succesful, although disagreements between high ranking members of Aba and PotS lead to a few problems. Aba left the alliance but Sunfall had grown strong enough to compensate by this time.

At some point in this period, Stormbeard took over leadership of the guild.

And.. since I departed at the beginning of 2006, someone else will have to take over from here ;)

My sig is borked and I cba to fix it.

celeron
Warcraft: Celeron 90 "aka The Weeping Willow" or "Kentucky Fried pew pew Laser Chicken"

Post by celeron » Wed May 30, 2007 12:51 pm

Kanubis wrote:
There were instantly some issues. Elliott and Atlan has envisioned a more mature guild environment
haha....good luck with that

great post. thanks
"once upon a time I had a beautiful girl
once upon a girl I had a beautiful time"

Memphis Slim

Betelgeuse

Post by Betelgeuse » Wed May 30, 2007 12:55 pm

Ah.. trip down memory lane.. I still remember your ninja invite to officership at the start of a Strat Undead Run. ^^ The glee of an extra chat channel and the birth of the legend that Betel + Chat channel = Wipe.

Before AbA left, OOTR had already disbanded or left the DA as far as I knew.

After AbA left, the DA scrambled around a bit, but found in WHM a new partner for the DA. This new incarnation found a website hom on the POTS forums and we made much progress in the 40mans.

After a few months, SF found that they could do 20mans themselves and at a greater speed than the DA, and due to the high continues influx of new members in the DA, some rumblings began to steer away from the DA themselves. This went on for a bit as SF didn;t want to be seen as AbA2 when they did, but we went in the end after all when we found that we were ahead in MC and did it quicker if we were only SF. Those first guildonly 40mans were still a gem to remember. :)

(Though very often we did it 34-38man, mind you. :) )

We still have good ties with POTS in regards to lending each other guildies for raids even post-BC, and WHM and DG have alas become memories like OOTR.

But then SF raiding came into a lull as we had trouble with undersubscription and we went looking for alternatives. And it was then that the golden opportunity called MG came round which also had raid aspirations, but could not muster the troops as well. We merged and that, imho, is still one of the smoothest merges I have seen sofar.

(Any errors made in above post was done to overdramatize the situation, though it still severly lacks Indiana Jones Rescue moments, tbh. )

teriena

Post by teriena » Wed May 30, 2007 1:22 pm

thank u guys : ) It's just nice to know where the guild originates from : )

Aspasia
Warcraft: Sienne, Andarta, Aspasia, Meneia, Nephele, Apocalypta, Selvina, Monzcarro, Silvareth

Post by Aspasia » Wed May 30, 2007 1:27 pm

A nice writeup Betel, but chronologically you put the merge with Morbus Gravis in the wrong spot. We actually joined in early 2006, while the DA was still going strong. Sunfall left the DA during summer 2006, since the merge with MG as well as some additional recruitment meant we had enough raiding members to handle guild-only runs.

Also, Betel + Chat channel = Instant Feign Death, not necessarily a wipe...
Voted Sunfall's Baddest Apple by The Osmonds in 1971

Caution: Warranty void if bubble removed.

Kanubis
Warcraft: Kanubis, Khaill, Khyal, Kaia, Koraban, Maian

Post by Kanubis » Wed May 30, 2007 1:42 pm

Aspasia wrote:A nice writeup Betel, but chronologically you put the merge with Morbus Gravis in the wrong spot. We actually joined in early 2006, while the DA was still going strong. Sunfall left the DA during summer 2006, since the merge with MG as well as some additional recruitment meant we had enough raiding members to handle guild-only runs.

Also, Betel + Chat channel = Instant Feign Death, not necessarily a wipe...
Yeah Betel you nub, even I knew the order this happened in and I'd left at least 4 months beforehand :p

It's nice to know that the nubishness of Betel is a constant factor in the universe though :D

My sig is borked and I cba to fix it.

gorfarforge
Warcraft: Empirio, Gorfarforge, Natima(mia), Calena(mia), Thelun(mia)

Post by gorfarforge » Wed May 30, 2007 1:45 pm

Kanubis wrote: It's nice to know that the nubishness of Betel is a constant factor in the universe though :D
It is indeed :P Same goes for your Pink Boots of Wipe ofcourse :)

Parmenion

Post by Parmenion » Wed May 30, 2007 1:46 pm

gorfarforge wrote:
Kanubis wrote: It's nice to know that the nubishness of Betel is a constant factor in the universe though :D
It is indeed :P Same goes for your Pink Boots of Wipe ofcourse :)
Good old pink boots may you live in infamany for ever

Betelgeuse

Post by Betelgeuse » Wed May 30, 2007 1:53 pm

I was just testing the pr0 levels of your memories, tbh.

Would be good to see some other oldies post in here too to see where their paths led.. maybe some POTS members? :D Riggsy? :D

celeron
Warcraft: Celeron 90 "aka The Weeping Willow" or "Kentucky Fried pew pew Laser Chicken"

Post by celeron » Wed May 30, 2007 2:59 pm

agree with asp, i am sure us MGers joined pre SF only MC runs. i remember those runs...happy days indeed. tho i never did get my cenarion vestments bloody chest piece from golomag, the tight bastard
"once upon a time I had a beautiful girl
once upon a girl I had a beautiful time"

Memphis Slim

Parmenion

Post by Parmenion » Wed May 30, 2007 3:05 pm

celeron wrote:agree with asp, i am sure us MGers joined pre SF only MC runs. i remember those runs...happy days indeed. tho i never did get my cenarion vestments bloody chest piece from golomag, the tight bastard
lolamag is an evil bastard who held on to my might chest piece of r far too long we were definatly 2 bosses into bwl by the time he handed it over.

Kaerathas
Warcraft: Zalanth, Bledri, Kaerbear, Wischard
BattleTag: Zalanth#2795
WoW character race: Pandaren
WoW character class: Shaman
WoW character gender: Male
WoW character level: 110
WoW character guild: Sunfall

Post by Kaerathas » Wed May 30, 2007 3:53 pm

Of course, history was made when Yubs convinced me to restart on this server, after a 3-4 month exile from Bloodhoof. \o/

And now we're the most Rainbow Guild Evah! \o/

-Kaer